Pontius Pilate the Roman governor didn’t want to sentence him, because he thought he was innocent. Pilate bounced him back to the Jews who said they weren’t allowed to sentence anyone to death.
So Jesus was passed onto King Herod who was in Jerusalem for Passover. He questioned Jesus who again didn’t reply. So he handed him back to Pilate. He announced Jesus’ innocence and to reiterate this washed his hands in absolution.
To save his job and appease the mob Pilate signed the crucifixion papers. In the last hours of his life 12-3pm the land went dark. His followers carried and laid Jesus out in a cave.
A story of innocence, guilt, expediency, blasphemy, & political threat to the state. A universal portrait of human behaviour across time. China and the Uighurs, Putin and Navalny, Angry Mob at Capitol Hill, Clapham Common Protest.
Copyright Adrian Scott
North London Counsellor Blog 2021
All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: This weblog is the view of the writer and for general information only
This article is designed to provoke argument and critique
- 15. Prospect Theory-We are Loss
- 14. Janet Sobel Ukranian Artist
- 13. Oubliettes
- 12. Tractors Tennis Drug Running
- 11. A F**ked World? Part2
- 10. A F**ked World? Part1
- 9. Carl Brashear Diver Trailblazer
- 8. Couples Therapy: NATO & Russia
- 7. Forgotten War Anxiety
- 6. V Flowers Olympic Trailblazer
- 5. Life is Death
- 4. Memory and Truth
- 3. Sidney Poitier Actor Trailblazer
- 2. Prime Minister Prime Minister
- 1. April Ashley Trans Trailblazer