Pontius Pilate the Roman governor didn’t want to sentence him, because he thought he was innocent. Pilate bounced him back to the Jews who said they weren’t allowed to sentence anyone to death.
So Jesus was passed onto King Herod who was in Jerusalem for Passover. He questioned Jesus who again didn’t reply. So he handed him back to Pilate. He announced Jesus’ innocence and to reiterate this washed his hands in absolution.
To save his job and appease the mob Pilate signed the crucifixion papers. In the last hours of his life 12-3pm the land went dark. His followers carried and laid Jesus out in a cave.
A story of innocence, guilt, expediency, blasphemy, & political threat to the state. A universal portrait of human behaviour across time. China and the Uighurs, Putin and Navalny, Angry Mob at Capitol Hill, Clapham Common Protest.
Copyright Adrian Scott
North London Counsellor Blog 2021
All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: This weblog is the view of the writer and for general information only
This article is designed to provoke argument and critique
- 12. Perfect Your Own Shamelessness Now!
- 11. Need a Tradesman – so Move House!
- 10. Who Wants Good God’s Friday Today Now?
- 9. Racing out of Lockdown Now!
- 8. The Fairytale of the Prince and the Duchess
- 7.It’s my right I’m not waiting for a vaccine
- 6. The Duchess, The Princess, & The Queen of Pop
- 5. Are You Tired of America?
- 4. Find a Restorative Niche now!
- 3. On Global Sick Leave
- 2. US Death Row Little Girl
- 1. What about Horrible 2020?
- 43. Urban Loneliness
- 42. Wounded Healer
- 41. Calm Technology